Combine and Summarize

        


        The strategy that I think is most effective is front desk service. I believe that front desk service is the most important job that directly interacts with customers. The attitude and manner in which you deal with customers can make or break your sales and your company's reputation. I will clarify my opinion by referring to the textbook. The textbook says that executive attention to the employees of the hotel and through them to the guests of the hotel is essential to the successful management of the entire enterprise. Employees working together and paying attention to the guests of the hotel will ensure that guest demands are met immediately. 
        The textbook is written that “Some of the most common barriers to excellent customer service are Laziness, Poor communication skills, Poor time management, Attitude, Moodiness, Lack of adequate training, Inability to handle stress, Insufficient authority, Serving customers on autopilot, Inadequate staffing” If the customer is angry, you need to be more creative in your response. The way you handle these situations will determine the reputation of your restaurant. Good customer service will have a positive impact on the store's sales growth, while bad customer service will cause sales to decline. As the teacher said in class, it takes a lot of effort to get new customers, so we should take care of the customers we already have.
         The first thing that changed my perception of customer service after taking this class was the front desk service. I had always thought of front desk service as nothing more than taking reservations for guests and answering the hotel's internal phone lines. In the class, we had to role-play what to do when a guest asks for directions. I thought I gave detailed directions, such as "go out the door and turn left," but the teacher said it was difficult to understand. I was then instructed to use east, west, south, and north for directions. I learned that it is important to give specific directions, such as "go out the door on the south side," or "go toward the east. I also learned how to use language: hello is not appropriate for the front desk, and good morning and good afternoon are better. I am also told to use "I understand" instead of "ok. I thought that the most important thing in customer service is the use of language. I came to think that the most important thing in customer service is the use of language, because depending on the language you use, you can make the customer feel welcomed and good, or you can make them feel angry or uncomfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real-time service moment